RE: Clearing the COMPLETE screen.

Dave Korn wrote:
> I generally use a line like this:
>   alias cls='cmd -c cls'

For me, that has to read  'cmd /c cls' or it doesn't work. :-P

This was mildly annoying me for a while as well. I finally
broke down and took a look into it. It looks like the ESC c
(reset terminal) control works under both RXVT and standard
"Command" windows. It resets the scrollbar in addition to
clearing the screen.

So I just changed my "clear screen" alias to:

  alias cs='echo -n "\ec"'

YMMV, of course.

gsw