Re: Dreadful cygwin errors

Olivier Lefevre wrote:
Does the solution pointed to here help?

<http://sources.redhat.com/ml/cygwin/2005-09/msg00945.html>

That seems spot on because I do have a lot of processes running and I do get "Application Error : The application failed to initialize properly" every so often. However I am not running NT and furthermore I do not understand what MS calls a "desktop" in its description of the SharedSection parameter.

XP is NT, just NT 5.1 rather than NT 4.0 or NT 3.51 that we all know and love. :-/ I wouldn't get too concerned with the terminology either. The article admits that there's no hard and fast settings here to help resolve the problem so understanding more about the specifics isn't necessarily going to make it clearer how to set these values. ;-) It's worth some experimenting. Or just follow Chris's advice as a first cut. It may be all that's necessary. :-)

Holliston, MA 01746