Re: win32 error 6

I had a similar thing trying to debug jikes.exe using gdb on cygwin.

Jikes would run normally on its own, but a SEGV occurred before "main" when
running it inside gdb.  My workaround was to make jikes.exe pause at the start
of "main" by adding a call to "getline();" as the first line of the program,
then in another window get the process ID of my jikes.exe process using

$ ps -ef | grep jikes
Ed.Randa    4036     692   2  10:26:35 /cygdrive/c/jikes-1.22/src/jikes

then start gdb in another window, telling it to attach to the already-running
process id, ie

$ gdb
(gdb) attach 4036
Attaching to process 204
Reading symbols from /cygdrive/c/wss/java/jikes/jikes-1.22/src/jikes.exe...done.
[Switching to thread 204.0xa14]
(gdb) cont
Continuing.

Finally, go back to my jikes.exe window, hit <return> and the program under test
will run on under control of the debugger.

Regards

Ed