RE: Clearing the COMPLETE screen.

Igor Peshansky wrote:
> Yes, but "printf '\ec'" works ju-ust fine in bash... :-)

Even better. That works unchanged in both bash and zsh.

> Do you set your TERM to "rxvt" or "xterm"?  The control sequence in
> the terminfo database may be wrong if you don't use the native "rxvt"
> terminal setting.

I've tried both "rxvt" and "xterm". Either way, it doesn't clear the
contents of the scrollback buffer. Looking a bit deeper, the terminfo
and termcap clear/cl entries for both term types are "\E[H\E[2J", so
it's doing the same thing, I think.

gsw