Re: gcc-3.4.4-1: c++: cmath: calling std::isnan results in endless loop

Corinna Vinschen wrote:
Jeff,

On Feb 27 12:13, Jeff Johnston wrote:

Gabriel Dos Reis wrote:

yes, isnan and friends are supposed to be macros only, not functions.

I'll start working on a newlib patch for this.

while you're at it, please do *not* remove the isnan function
implementation.  It's still required to run applications which
have been linked against older newlib versions.  Just adding
a isnan macro should be sufficient, shouldn't it?

Yep, way ahead of you :). I will rename the current implementations to be double-underscored, have the macros call these, and have non-underscored versions that directly call the underscored versions. I think that should satisfy all concerns.

-- Jeff J.