bash shell

hello,

I had an old verion of cygwin, and it was ok.

I've bought a new computer, and so i've recently installed an newer version
of cygwin (i don't know how to chek the version, it was on december 2006).

It's ok too, i've just one "problem", the cygwin bash is now without any
colour (before it was) for example to list the files with ls, there is no
colours...
And sometimes it opens in the ms invite command windows, whereas before it
alwaysopened in a bash shell cygwin window

it's not very important, but somebody knows why ?

thank you