Re: Can't execute shell script as wish subprocess, exes work

>>    It appears your PATH doesn't include the directory for my-shell-
>>    script.
> As I said, my PATH _does_ include that directory
> (/cygdrive/c/users/bin).
<snip>

Yes, you did, but you are also not taking into account process
inheritance. When you pipe a command, subprocesses are being created and
I suspected the path isn't being properly inherited.  When you use the
the shell to execute your command, you are re-establishing the path.

So I'll ammend my original statement to say that it appears your PATH
doesn't include the directory for my-shell-script in the process that
is trying to exec your script and/or exec isn't using the path you
think it is.

It has been some time since I dealt with this, but only global variables
are inherited, which some shells require you to use export or setenv to
designate, and some shells require PATH to be exported and others don't.

Brett