Re: gcc-3.4.4-1: c++: cmath: calling std::isnan results in endless loop

Jeff Johnston wrote:
Corinna Vinschen wrote:

Jeff,

On Feb 27 12:13, Jeff Johnston wrote:

Gabriel Dos Reis wrote:

yes, isnan and friends are supposed to be macros only, not functions.

I'll start working on a newlib patch for this.

while you're at it, please do *not* remove the isnan function implementation. It's still required to run applications which have been linked against older newlib versions. Just adding a isnan macro should be sufficient, shouldn't it?

Yep, way ahead of you :). I will rename the current implementations to be double-underscored, have the macros call these, and have non-underscored versions that directly call the underscored versions. I think that should satisfy all concerns.

-- Jeff J.

I have just checked in a solution. Builds fine for x86-linux and I verified both the new macro versions work and the old function names can be called. Let me know if anything breaks that I didn't anticipate.

-- Jeff J.