Re: experimental coreutils-5.94-4

> On Feb 28 07:30, Eric Blake wrote:
> > This version fixes the coreutils bug in pwd when called from /, or from
> > anywhere in the // hierarchy.  [...]
>
> What happened to the simple, but *always* working idea to call getcwd in
> pwd to evaluate the current working directory?  The new implementation
> looks a bit maniac.

Ergo, this is an *experimental* release!  I _purposefully_
crippled the working getcwd implementation to give the
readdir fallback code more exposure (and to root out
bugs in the coreutils fallback code).  When cygwin 1.5.20
comes out, I will remove the cripple, and /bin/pwd will
once again be a super-efficient call to getcwd.

--
Eric Blake