This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
going thru domain switch..does cygwin grok "SID history"?
- From: cygwin at trodman dot com (Tom Rodman)
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 02 Mar 2006 09:13:39 -0600
- Subject: going thru domain switch..does cygwin grok "SID history"?
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
Has anyone experienced a domain migration where the filesystem was
left unchanged, and a "SID history" was injected into Active Directory
trustees? Under "Sid history", I'm told, each trustee (user or group) in
the new domain, contains a reference to it's former identity in the old
domain. The files and dirs have SIDs from the old domain only, but the
SID history feature is supposed to make this moot.
Can we expect sensible output from 'ls -l'?
We'll be testing fairly soon; will post results back to this thread.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html