This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: going thru domain switch..does cygwin grok "SID history"?
- From: Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 2 Mar 2006 16:27:05 +0100
- Subject: Re: going thru domain switch..does cygwin grok "SID history"?
- References: <200603021513.k22FDeoK009816@tigris.pounder.sol.net>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Mar 2 09:13, Tom Rodman wrote:
> Has anyone experienced a domain migration where the filesystem was
> left unchanged, and a "SID history" was injected into Active Directory
> trustees? Under "Sid history", I'm told, each trustee (user or group) in
> the new domain, contains a reference to it's former identity in the old
> domain. The files and dirs have SIDs from the old domain only, but the
> SID history feature is supposed to make this moot.
> Can we expect sensible output from 'ls -l'?
No, you have to rebuild /etc/passwd and /etc/group.
Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to
Cygwin Project Co-Leader cygwin AT cygwin DOT com
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html