This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: incorrect handling of invisible characters in prompt string
- From: Chet Ramey <chet dot ramey at case dot edu>
- To: Eric Blake <ericblake at comcast dot net>
- Cc: Koen Claessen <koen at chalmers dot se>, cygwin at cygwin dot com, bug-bash at gnu dot org, chet at case dot edu
- Date: Fri, 03 Mar 2006 21:28:14 -0500
- Subject: Re: incorrect handling of invisible characters in prompt string
- References: <022720061448.18320.440311450003DE7B0000479022007503300A050E040D0C079D0A@comcast.net>
- Reply-to: chet dot ramey at case dot edu
Eric Blake wrote:
> [Please use mailing lists instead of sending private mail
> to random developers - I don't know whether you
> intended this as a question about bash proper or
> about the cygwin port of bash, so I have cross-posted
> my reply]
>> Hi Eric,
>> I found the following message (from July 2005) by you on the cygwin
>> mailing list:
>> As you probably know, that bug is still there :-)
> Yes, readline 5.1 still mishandles invisible characters present
> in one-line prompts when compiled for multibyte support, at
> least on cygwin, and I still don't know a root cause.
If you come up with something I can reproduce, I will take another
look at it.
``The lyf so short, the craft so long to lerne.'' - Chaucer
( ``Discere est Dolere'' -- chet )
Live Strong. No day but today.
Chet Ramey, ITS, CWRU firstname.lastname@example.org http://cnswww.cns.cwru.edu/~chet/
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html