This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: cron + ssmtp - Please help this newbie resolve this
- From: "Larry Hall (Cygwin)" <reply-to-list-only-lh at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sun, 12 Mar 2006 14:26:04 -0500
- Subject: Re: cron + ssmtp - Please help this newbie resolve this
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
Suresh Kumar wrote:
I am a complete newbie in linux but have been using
bash for some scripting.
Functionality trying to achieve
I am trying to run a cron scheduler to run a job and
to automatically email me!
The cron job executes perfectly but the email
functionality does'nt work.
Here is my config
usr/sbin/sendmail is a symbolic link to
1. dead.letter found in home/owner
2. /var/log/cron.log has sendmail: 530 authentication
Can somebody help me to fix this problem. I am
assuming symbolic link to ssmtp for sendmail is fine!
Many repeated email messages to the list on the same subject (or even
with exactly the same content like yours!) is not likely to elicit
help. Usually, it tends to make people less likely to respond.
I'll point you to the email archives for this issue. Generally speaking,
the results you're seeing means you haven't configured things properly.
There's plenty of discussion of cron/mail issues in the archives so it
would be best to check there and see if some of the advice offered
already is helpful. As a starting point, I'd suggest that you make
sure that you can send email via sstmp from the command line. Without
this ability, it won't work any better through cron.
Larry Hall http://www.rfk.com
RFK Partners, Inc. (508) 893-9779 - RFK Office
838 Washington Street (508) 893-9889 - FAX
Holliston, MA 01746
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html