This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: 20060301 snapshot and later. sh hangs with very long command line
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf-no-personal-reply-please at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sun, 12 Mar 2006 19:06:02 -0500
- Subject: Re: 20060301 snapshot and later. sh hangs with very long command line
- References: <98A22DD7-2111-489A-9843-E0176048A2BB@rehley.net>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Thu, Mar 09, 2006 at 05:31:03PM -0800, Peter Rehley wrote:
>I was building binutils using the cygwin 20060308 snapshot, and when
>it did the check for "finding the maximum length of command line" a
>sh shell goes to 99% cpu usage and doesn't return until I end the
>process using task manager.
>I isolated the portion of the script that was hanging and was able to
>repeat the problem. The script hangs when it checks for a command
>line of length 16384. This happens every time I run the script, and
>it is reproducible for me on at least windows 2000 and windows XP.
>I've attached a test script.
>The problem doesn't happen with the 20060227 snapshot, but appeared
>in 20060301 and later versions. It is present in the 20060309 snapshot.
Thanks for the test case. This should be fixed in the next snapshot.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html