This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: GCC 4.x+
- From: Brian Dessent <brian at dessent dot net>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2006 15:00:48 -0800
- Subject: Re: GCC 4.x+
- References: <44185DFD.email@example.com>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
Václav Haisman wrote:
> is there a plan to move Cygwin over to newer GCC? GCC 3.4.4 is getting
> old. I could use the strictness of C++ compiler it brings.
There's no reason why you can't build gcc 4.x on your own, it works fine
in Cygwin. If you pick a proper --prefix (or use --program-suffix and
--enable-version-specific-runtime-libs) it will be completely separate
from the installed version of gcc, you can use the two side by side.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html