This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Invoking Miktex in Cygwin
- From: Tong Wang <wangtong at usc dot edu>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sat, 18 Mar 2006 01:52:51 -0800
- Subject: Invoking Miktex in Cygwin
Hi you guys,
I have Miktex installed( in C:\Program Files), and am trying to invoke Latex.exe from Shell and got some trouble.
Heres what I did :
1. make a soft link by: ln -s 'C:\Program Files\texmf\miktex\bin\latex.exe' /usr/local/bin
2. run latex: latex myfile.tex
Then I got the following error message:
This is pdfeTeX, Version 3.141592-1.21a-2.2 (Web2C 7.5.4)
kpathsea: Running mktexfmt latex.fmt
/usr/bin/mktexfmt: line 333: /texconfig/tcfmgr: No such file or directory
fmtutil: config file `fmtutil.cnf' not found.
I can't find the format file `latex.fmt'!
but I do have C:\Program Files\localtexmf\miktex\fmt\latex.efmt
And I am sure that the Miktex works fine for other editor like WinEdt.
I really get stuck, and need help. thanks a lot in advance.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html