This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: OpenSSH/SSHD Problem - seteuid 1005: Permission denied (WinXP 64-bit)
- From: Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2006 13:49:28 +0100
- Subject: Re: OpenSSH/SSHD Problem - seteuid 1005: Permission denied (WinXP 64-bit)
- References: <000001c64d6a$104d95b0$0100000a@sphere>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Mar 22 15:35, Glenn wrote:
> I have a problem with "sshd" where it;
> (1) won't allow users to login, users recieve the message "Read from
> socket failed: Connection reset by peer"
> (2) "sshd" terminates prematurely.
> The problem I believe (though I'm not really sure) relates to the second
> final line of output from the sshd server (see below)
> "seteuid 1005: Permission denied"
> I'm running Windows XP 64-bit Edition -- it's my belief that seteuid cannot
> be called from a 32-bit context?? I could be wrong?? Though
Wrong. When running Cygwin you're inside the WOW64 32 bit emulation
layer. You have no access to the 64 bit capabilites and the problem
> debug1: temporarily_use_uid: 1005/513 (e=1002/513)
> seteuid 1005: Permission denied
Is your uid 1002 privileged to switch user context?
Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to
Cygwin Project Co-Leader cygwin AT cygwin DOT com
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html