This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: very poor cygwin scp performance in some situations
- From: Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- To: Cygwin List <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2006 09:40:41 +0200
- Subject: Re: very poor cygwin scp performance in some situations
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Mar 27 16:39, Steven Hartland wrote:
> I've done quite a bit of digging and not found any real answers
> on why cygwin's scp performance is so poor.
Cygwin is just emulating POSIX by calling Windows functions. It's not
an operating system which runs natively on the machine, so what do
you expect? If you're unhappy with scp's performance you can try
- tar over ssh:
tar cf - dir-to-copy | ssh remotemachine 'cd targetdir && tar xf -'
Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to
Cygwin Project Co-Leader cygwin AT cygwin DOT com
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html