RE: 'cron' fails to stop

> Jerry D. Hedden wrote:
> > I have installed 'cron' as a service using the following:
> >     cygrunsrv -I cron -d "CYGWIN cron" -p /usr/sbin/cron -a -D -e
> > "CYGWIN=server ntsec tty" -i

René Berber replied:
> First mistake, you should have read /usr/share/doc/Cygwin/cron.README and,
> following those instructions, used cron-config.

Interesting clue.  'cron-config' installs 'cron' without the -i flag.
However, I need the -i flag for some of my cron jobs.
If I install cron without -i, it stops using:  cygrunsrv -E cron
If I install cron with -i, it fails to stop.  Why won't it stop if -i is
present?

> > It starts and runs fine using:  cygrunsrv -S cron
> > A reading of the services shows:
> >
> > Service             : cygserver
> > Display name        : CYGWIN cygserver
> > Current State       : Running
> > Controls Accepted   : Stop
> > Command             : /usr/sbin/cygserver
> >
> > Service             : cron
> > Display name        : CYGWIN cron
> > Current State       : Running
> > Controls Accepted   : Stop
> > Command             : /usr/sbin/cron -D
>
> Does this look fine to you?
>
> You have 2 cron daemons, cron is not built to do that.

No.  Just one.  I listed all services (cygserver and cron) for
completeness.