variable

I have cygwin running o win/xp
whenever I execute a script that accepts options like :
while getopts "d:a:s:u:" option; do
case "$option" in
   d)   DBNAME=$OPTARG
        ;;
   a)   OBJECT=$OPTARG
        ;;
   s)   CREATOR=$OPTARG
        ;;
   u)   USER=$OPTARG
        ;;
   *)  usage
esac
done
the variable tempdba:/cygdrive/c/workdir:echo $OBJECT
dt
is maintained and if executing again with new option, this is not been taken
and still using old value.  I tried to unset OBJECT.  when executing this
statement in the script, the script and dos-window (running cygwin bash)
will be closed.
Is this correct ? and how to correct this problem
Thanks for allinfo/help
Best Regards, Guy Przytula