This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: setup - duplicating cygwin
- From: Shankar Unni <shankarunni at netscape dot net>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2006 12:00:41 -0700
- Subject: Re: setup - duplicating cygwin
- References: <20060620101424.GA26049@calimero.vinschen.de> <S559203AbWFUGbI/20060621063118Zfirstname.lastname@example.org>
Jim Easton wrote:
For which I received the message:
"bash: cd: proc: No such file or directory"
Of course. As you surmised, these two are *NOT* the same. The literal
path "/proc" (and "/dev") are treated specially.
Unlike on linux, "mount" is not modifying the kernel layer below to
create a file system linkage - it's all in the emulation layer for
open() in cygwin1.dll..
You can't cd to "/" using a native win32 shell, for instance, and see
any of these mount points..
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html