Re: UTF-8 Cygwin

Christopher Faylor wrote:
On Tue, Jun 06, 2006 at 02:24:29PM -0700, Linda Walsh wrote:
SUZUKI Hisao wrote:
I made a patch to cygwin1.dll to support UTF-8.
It allows you to use all of characters and file (or path) names
allowed in Windows, while keeping binary-compatibility with the
current Cygwin. It is fairly perfect except for lack of locale
support etc. So it may remind you of the good old BeOS. See:
http://www.okisoft.co.jp/esc/utf8-cygwin/
(and for bottom readers...)
When will we see this in the main-stream cygwin?
Soon? :-)
You can answer your own question.
Look here: http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-patches/ and see if you notice
any patch submissions.
====
   I am not certain, but I'm interpreting that as a "no".

For people who "know" and are experts in a topic, the answers are self-evident.
For those who are not, we may not, not only not know where to look but may
not even know the right question.

Also, I don't expect my interpretation of some information or reality to be
the same as someone else's interpretation. Often I find my interpretation is
different from other's.

-l