Re: Using du.exe to calculate disk usage on a Microsoft cluster server

Lev Bishop wrote:
On 7/3/06, Larry Hall (Cygwin) wrote:
Use POSIX paths (i.e. /cygdrive/s). Here I think you've found an application
for 'find'. How about something like:

find /cygdrive/s -maxdepth 1 -print0 | xargs -0 du

How is that better than: du /cygdrive/s ?

The OP claimed to have issues with spaces in directory paths, etc.  Actually,
I can't reproduce that behavior based on his report, at least not on Linux
(I'm Cygwin-less ATM).  So the above is offered as something to try to help
the OP zero in on the problem.  Perhaps it is just his use of non-POSIX paths,
in which case using POSIX paths is the best and simplest alternative.

-- Larry Hall http://www.rfk.com RFK Partners, Inc. (508) 893-9779 - RFK Office 216 Dalton Rd. (508) 893-9889 - FAX Holliston, MA 01746