Re: In scripts suddenly must use perl.exe rather than perl

On Sun, Jul 09, 2006 at 10:38:19PM +0000, zzapper wrote:
> Yitzchak Scott-Thoennes <sthoenna@efn.org> wrote in
> 20060709200309.GA2652@efn.org:">news:20060709200309.GA2652@efn.org:
>
> > On Sun, Jul 09, 2006 at 12:23:24PM +0000, zzapper wrote:
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> I have a few (ancient) shell scripts which call perl scripts (which
> >> perform MySql queries), since a few days these have stopped working
> >> (may have been since recent coreutils update)
> >
> > What does "stopped working" mean?
> YST
> I just get no output from the perl (doesn't produce any error)
>

> >> c:/usr/local/bin/perl sdbk.pl $*  (hard path to activestate perl)
> >>
> >> to get them working again I have to change perl to perl.exe
> >>
> >> c:/usr/local/bin/perl.exe sdbk.pl $*
> >>

> > What happens when you try running them directly from a shell prompt
> > (using the same shell as your shell script)?
>
> It's just the same

What does sdbk.pl do?  If you put a

 BEGIN { print "started!\n"; }

line at the beginning, does it print it?

> > cygcheck output?
> >
> Do you want all?
> cygcheck -s

Sorry, should have been more explicit.  Bug reports should be accompanied
by cygcheck -srv output, attached as a text attachment, not inline.

Where did you actually install activeperl?  And what output do you get from:

  ls -l c:/usr/local/bin

(It's kind of odd that you have a /usr/local/bin set up outside of
c:/Cygwin.)