Re: problems with run

Bengt-Arne Fjellner wrote:

Taking this back to the list. I missed to adjust the To: field.

Alexander Gottwald skrev:
Bengt-Arne Fjellner wrote:
Upgrade from run-1.1.6-1 to run-1.1.10-1 gives me problems.
Variables that have national chars gets wrong codepage
I have narrowed it down so that 1.1.6 works but not 1.1.7
The change from 1.1.6 to 1.1.7 was to copy the cygwin environment
variables back to windows. Are the string encoded differently in cygwin
than in win32?

I think so they are even differently encoded in windows/dos

if i do echo åäö>file   (three swedish chars) in a dos box resp in an xterm
i get different results in the file
cmd gives me the string (bash format)
$'\206\204\224'

in cygwin it gives
$'\345\344\366'

Windows is fun isnt it :-)
Win32api has
CharToOem and  CharToOemBuff, OemToChar, OemToCharBuff
to deal with this but im never sure which one to use....

Hm, I'll take a look. German letters should trigger that too.

bye
	ago