Re: Why are Windows paths broken in make 3.81?

On 07/21/2006, Joachim Achtzehnter wrote:
I just had to deal with such a messy system and the new Cygwin make doesn't work. Even though this collection of makefiles was initially written on a POSIX system it still got into trouble with DOS paths because some of the tools it calls to generate makefiles return platform-specific paths. So this works fine on a POSIX system, worked fine on Win2000 with the old make, but now I had to understand complicated sed programs to add extra platform-specific sed transformations to convert paths returned by other cross-platform tools to something the new make accepts.

Did you think about using 'cygpath' on the result instead of adding extra
platform specific transformations to your complicated sed programs?

Larry Hall
Holliston, MA 01746