This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: How can I copy the configuration from one PC to another?
- From: Chris Croughton <chris at keristor dot net>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2006 03:19:39 +0100
- Subject: Re: How can I copy the configuration from one PC to another?
- References: <44C3F2B9.email@example.com>
- Reply-to: chris at keristor dot net
On Mon, 24 Jul 2006 00:05:45 +0200, Daniela Duerbeck
> I think that several people have this problem: If you get a new PC you
> have to manually switch on all programs that you want or need.
> Is it possible to copy the configuration from one PC to another and if, how?
Seconded! I always forget some packages. If it were in a straight text
file it could also be used to 'diff' two systems to find version and
Also, a search facility in setup.exe would be really useful, some of the
packages are not obviously sorted (ssh for instance is sorted under 'O'
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html