mkshortcut exit value 64?

Hi all,

I'm irritated by the return value I get from mkshortcut.

Using

mkshortcut -D -nNAME PROGRAM ; echo $?

I would expect to get a return value of 0 on success -
excerpt from the manual:
"If mkshortcut encounters a syntax error, it will return
an exit value of 1 and output usage information to stderr."
No other mention of the exit value.

Yet I'm getting a 64. There is no error message and the
operation was successful (from what I can see): The shortcut
exists and has the attributes that I expect with the given
parameters.

Also, it doesn't make a difference whether either the
shortcut or the "PROGRAM" exist beforehand. Probably
mkshortcut just doesn't care and that's fine, I just tried
to be sure.

This is merely cosmetic, of course. I noticed it only because
I'm testing a bash script using "set -e" so it exits immediately
whenever any foreground job returns nonzero. In that scenario,
it would be helpful if mkshortcut would either return zero or
give me any hint as to why it's not comfortable ;-)

Any hints? Any other information I could gather to
help understanding what's going on?
	Jan.