need assistance w/sftp & home folder creation

The issue is that members of the users group cannot connect to the
server via SFTP.  The users can connect via SSH & SCP when their
rights include the ability to write & append data.  When using the
SFTP command within the bash console, after the password is entered,
the connection immediately closes.  WinSCP logs "Server unexpectedly
closed network connection".  Members of the administrators group have
no issues.

I've made several reinstall attempts of both the OS & Cygwin apps,
with no progress.  I've exhausted the resources on the web and have
yet to find any resolution to this issue within the mailing lists
archives.

Also, I am looking for a way to have the initial setup of the users'
home directories to also create predefined links.  ie /home/user/
link_1, link_2...  Presently, I am creating these links manually so
the restricted users, or any user which is unfamiliar with the file
system, can quickly access public resources.

I appreciate any assistance

How do I reply so that this stays attached to this issue? Sorry, new @ Cygwin