Re: installer: select packages: text background color

Greetings:

A display bug was introduced about a year ago in the "Select Packages"
screen of Cygwin's installer.  The text's background color is manually
set to white but the text's color relies upon the system's settings
for "Window Text."

No one has noticed this change because most users have their "Window"
background color set to white and their "Window Text" color set to
black.  But, for people who have other preferences for their Windows
Display options, like myself, this can cause problems.

For example, here's what I see when I run the installer:
http://www.analysisandsolutions.com/cygwin/cygwin.setup.png

Kind of hard to read the list of programs, eh? :)

To demonstrate that the "Window Text" is the color being used, I
changed that setting to red in Control Panel | Display | Appearance:
http://www.analysisandsolutions.com/cygwin/cygwin.setup.red.png

Also note, that the "Window Text" color is being used for the text
around the program listing, such as "Select packages to install" and
"Hide obsolete and administrative packages" when it would be
programatically more correct to use the "Message Box"/"Message Text"
color.

Thanks,

--Dan

                http://www.AnalysisAndSolutions.com/