Re: Setup.exe requirements [was RE: Cygintl-3.dll was not found]

Dave Korn wrote:
On 11 August 2006 07:36, Reini Urban wrote:

Tevfik Karagülle schrieb:
After feedback from cgf, I have scanned setup.ini for packages and
their dependencies. 54 of 797 packages are qualified for Base either
directly or indirectly:
I will develop an NSIS package which creates registry
Mount points, untar packages above and run the
Postinstall script. Any suggestions including naming
are welcome.
Already done for NSIS. See those three people at least:

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=cygwin&m=111351786214881&w=2
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=cygwin&m=113525279200090&w=2
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=cygwin&m=100075284818001&w=2
  => http://cygwin-lite.sourceforge.net/

That's a cunning and clever plan, but with just two slight problems:

1) The website says: "  Update: As of version 1-3-3a, Cygwin-Lite is no longer
being updated with newer versions of the Cygwin dll or GNU tools.   "

and

2) The website says: "  Update: As of version 1-3-3a, Cygwin-Lite is no longer
being updated with newer versions of the Cygwin dll or GNU tools.   "

Now, I know that technically, that's only one problem, but I thought it was such a big one it was worth mentioning twice!

It's also worth noting that the goal here was a subset of Cygwin functionality
packaged as a monolithic (no matter how small) install.  While the former is a
potential supplement to "setup.exe", the latter is a step backward in terms of
installation flexibility.  It seems to me that any "setup.exe" replacement
cannot be monolithic installer or provide only a subset of the available
packages.

Holliston, MA 01746