Re: Those nasty bundled Cygwin's

I installed the FreeNX Windows client (http://freenx.berlios.de/),
hoping to access my server machine remotely.  I didn't know it at the
time, but the Windows client includes a Cygwin DLL -- and it clobbered
by existing Cygwin installation, somehow (I forget the details -- I
think it modified important registry settings).

Clearly FreeNX's documentation is lacking, in that it didn't warn me
about this.

But I was wondering -- how _is_ a vendor such as FreeNX supposed to
distribute software that depends on Cygwin?  How can they avoid having
their own, separate, Cygwin installation on the user's machine?

--
In the movie Ghostbusters, there's a sign in the background of
one scene that says, "Danger! 10,000 Ohms!" I cannot explain to