Re: Usage Of Cron and AT commands

Ugh, http://cygwin.com/acronyms/#TOFU - reformatted (but the .sig looks better, thanks!)
Also, PCYMTNQREAIYR (although the cruddy line wrapping just barely saved mine from being quoted raw).

sujit.menon@tcs.com wrote:
mwoehlke wrote:
sujit.menon@i.need.to.set.my.to wrote (again):
  Hi CygWinners,
  I would like to know the syntax of crontab, cron and at commands for
  its use in task scheduling.
[snip]

Please read the replies to your first post instead of posting again.

I have read the replies to my previous post and that is the very reason I am rewriting this mail, the previous mailer by Mr. chuck

Who is "Mr. Chuck"?

had just mentioned using "man crontab", which is not what I want.

Please reply to the unhelpful messages, stating how they were unhelpful, instead of re-posting.

I am not using crontab and am using cron and at for batch processing

crontab = _tab_le of _cron_ jobs. If you are using cron, you are using crontab.

I want to know where to add the permissions for allowing cron jobs...

The previous mail has not solved my problem..

Did you read the manpages for both 'cron' and 'crontab'? Did you read the documentation Dave told you to read? Also see Larry's reply.

--
Matthew
'$ time make world' -> real 5d:14h:37m:5.291s user 0m:0.000s sys 4d:2h:14m:43.712s