Re: copying and pasting in the terminal window?

John Salerno wrote:
Gary R. Van Sickle wrote:

Cygwin also has an rxvt terminal emulator that may be more to your liking, but I haven't used it and so can't tell you what it's like.

It's awesome, if you're still using the DOS box change over immediately. Believe me now and thank me later.

Yes, it is quite nice. But I'm a little stuck. I'm trying to edit the .bashrc file with vim, so I type 'vim .bashrc', and nothing happens. The cursor moves down to the next line, but vim isn't really being invoked, the file doesn't open, but I also don't get any error message saying that bash can't find the vim command. I'm not sure why I won't work.

Also, is there a way to change the color of the user name and directories that appear above the $ prompt? I find the bright green and pale yellow not very easy to read with my white background.

Thanks.

Well, nevermind about the colors, because after doing some editing to the .bashrc file, this fixed things. But I still had to open up the file with a separate editor, because vim isn't working!