Re: Read not honouring "-r"?

Irwin, Doug wrote:
All,

I am working on a script which monitors mounts for free space.

It does this by reading from a config file (surprise) consisting of
mount, threshold, threshold.

One would expect a "read -r fs t2 t3" to process this without attempting
to expand slashes.  But I can't seem to get this bit working... And I
can't seem to find any doco on doing that in Cygwin.

I've attached the files I am testing with in the hope that someone can
help me work this out.

No doubt I have missed something rather obvious.

Any assistance greatly appreciated!

You really only need to send the request once.

I guess you're going to need to be more specific about the problem you're
seeing.  I got:

# sh test.sh
/
200
200
/c
200
200
/d
200
200
/usr/bin
200
200
/usr/lib
200
200

FWIW, I got the same results on Cygwin and Linux.  Perhaps it makes sense to
review the problem reporting guidelines before posting any follow-up:

<http://cygwin.com/problems.html>

Holliston, MA 01746