This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Perl's use locale don't work on Cygwin ?
- From: "Yitzchak Scott-Thoennes" <sthoenna at efn dot org>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2006 00:51:50 -0700 (PDT)
- Subject: Re: Perl's use locale don't work on Cygwin ?
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Sergei Kolodka wrote:
> Just wonder is whole Perl's "use locale" and "setlocale()" thing doesn't
> works on Cygwin or I'm just too dumb to find out how to use it ?
It works just fine for all locales supported by cygwin, which is just the
"C" locale :)
> Yes, I know that locale on Cygwin not implemented, but maybe there
> are some other way to at least enable correct /i in non-ASCII Perl
> regexes (Russian CP2151 for example) I'm not aware of ?
Letting perl know what the encoding of your data is should enable /i to work
correctly. How you would do this depends on what exactly you are doing; it
may just require a "use encoding 'cp1251';". (I assume 2151 was a typo.)
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html