Re: Bash 3.1.17(8) CR/LF problem

Malcolm Nixon wrote:
So why isn't using a textmode mount a solution?
Packages generally contain the sources, build scripts, tools binaries, etc
in a single directory tree. For example a ./configure script located in the
package root directory along side other project files. As such placing just
the bash scripts in a textmode mount would be virtually impossible.

I trust someone else will chime in, but I thought this was not an issue? If a textmode mount can't have non-text, then it would be useless (and there would not be an option to make *all of cygwin* textmode in setup.exe, because nothing would work). Are you sure textmode isn't just applied to things opened (using the Cygwin libs) with "rt", and has no effect if you open "rb" (which is how I would assume it works)?

--
Matthew
The hippo made me do it! What? What do you mean you can't see the hippo?