Similar Bash 3.1.18 CR/LF Problem

Apologies that this is being written the day after without real output.
I'm now at my desk without easy access to the machine in question.
But...

We've been using Cygwin with text-mode mounts for a long time without
any problems.  A new engineer started the other day, installed a
brand-spanking-new cygwin and came to me with problems running a build.
Without going into details of the build system, after a few hours I
discovered that (all examples are from a cmd shell), foo.sh contains the
single line "date; date<cr><lf>"

   C:> cd temp
   C:\temp> sh foo.sh      -- works
   C:\temp> sh C:/temp/foo.sh  - fails
   C:\temp> sh C:\temp\foo.sh  - fails

The failures were of a form where the first command on a line works but
the second generates an error.  Removing the trailing eol on the on-line
shell script allows the scripts to work regardless of how they're
specified on the sh command line.

Sorry, I don't remember trying sh /cygdrive/c/temp/foo.sh but if I did
it also failed because I know the only way I could get it to work was
w/o any path component.

Mounts are as follows...

C:\OE\trunk\rt\bin>mount
C:\cygwin\bin on /usr/bin type system (textmode)
C:\cygwin\lib on /usr/lib type system (textmode)
C:\cygwin on / type system (textmode)
c: on /cygdrive/c type system (textmode,noumount)
h: on /cygdrive/h type system (textmode,noumount)
i: on /cygdrive/i type system (textmode,noumount)
r: on /cygdrive/r type system (textmode,noumount)
s: on /cygdrive/s type system (textmode,noumount)
u: on /cygdrive/u type system (textmode,noumount)

Oh, and when we downloaded just bash 3.1.6(17?) it didn't overwrite the
old sh.

Dan