Re: Bash 3.1.17(8) CR/LF problem

Malcolm Nixon wrote:
* Some translate files to a "Local" format (CR/LF on Windows).
FCOL, what on earth does an rcs think it's playing at, tampering with your
data? Any rcs that doesn't give you back exactly what you put into it is just
plain buggy. Nobody asked for a "automatically mangle my data whether I want
you to or not" feature.
This is a Perforce 'feature' if you wish to call it that. Perforce
will translate
files you have specified as 'Text' to whatever 'Text' means on the local system
- LF on Unixes and CR/LF on Windows. One potential workaround would be to
declare the script files as binary files so they aren't touched, but
then you loose
the ability to diff.
You can disable that 'feature' in your client settings. I'm running bash scripts checked into a perforce repository in the new bash just fine with that feature disabled.