Re: mssing packages for cygwin

From: Andrew Schulman <schulman.andrew@epamail.epa.gov>
To: cygwin@cygwin.com
Subject: Re: mssing packages for cygwin
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2006 13:23:49 -0400

> I find  that I miss the command such as size.exe ar.exe, nm.exe,
> make.exe, awk.exe and strip.exe etc
> where can I find those packages to insall? are  there any instructions I
> need to follow for installation?

Please Read the Fine FAQ.

thanks for the help.

I have found the packages to install.
However, when I type cpp.exe in msdos shell, I got the error:

cpp: installation problem, cannot exec 'cc1': No such file or directory

I searched the installed files and there is no cc1.exe. did I miss any packages?

Also, I searched all packages and unable to find the man documentions for C functions.
for example, I typed "man fopen", and it doesn't display anything. Do you know which package contains the C functions manuals like what we have in unix?

Thanks.

tom