Compiling TVision under Cygwin fails

Hello, I just tried to compile Turbo Vision under Cygwin:
I ran ./configure, which finished without errors
I ran make and it compiled okay, until got to file
classes/wingr/wingrscr.cc, where it stoped with error that function
_get_osfhandle (line 703) was not declared. However, this function is
defined in <io.h>, but it seems to me, that it isn't linked to it when
compiling - I guess I should pass some g++ flag when configuring - but
which?
Does anybody know what to do with it (I hope it is understandable what I
have written because my English is not very good)?
I tried this with the newest packages installed and I got the same error
with several different versions of TVision.
Thank you
- Vojta