Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: vim-7.0.122-1

On Thu, October 12, 2006 12:54 pm, Corinna Vinschen wrote:

> I think it is needed.  At least the base-files-mketc.sh postinstall
> script creates paths which point outside the Cygwin root, so it either
> needs to reference cygdrive paths, or use DOS paths.  Using cygdrives
> paths is preferable, IMHO.  Since the cygdrive path is not fixed, and
> can even differ between different users on the same machine, there must
> be a fixed method to reference these paths.
>
> Personally I'd rather not further clutter the root directory, which is
> why /proc seems to me to be a better place to point to the cygdrive
> paths in a constant fashion.  But that is only a mild opposition.  I'd
> also go along with /cygdrive.

I've changed the script (which I didn't write!) to use cygpath --sysdir
which outputs cygdrive paths.  I should be able to get a new release out
by the weekend, but I'll hold off until this discussion is decided.
Personally I don't mind either an always existing /cygdrive or something
in /proc.  Only thing that would ask is; what would cygpath output?

J.