RE: emacs hangs at start, or sometime later

I am also having this problem.  It was reported to this list back on 9
August, and some other people indicated they too are experiencing this.  I
had to revert back to a previous version of cygwin, 1.5.18, which I still
had installed on my box.  With that version this hang in emacs does not
occur.  However, this 1.5.18 version has the other problem which causes
cygwin based processes to hang if examined with Process Explorer, so I would
like to move to the latest version when possible.

If you are able to get any further information on what the cause may be or
how to work around it, I think many people would be grateful.  I will
continue to try updates to cygwin as they are made available, but I think in
the end it will require someone much more familiar than myself with the
internal workings of cygwin and debugging in this environment to track it
down.  Hopefully someone with that background will themselves run into the
hang and be able to debug it.

-Eric