Re: emacs hangs at start, or sometime later

Eric,
 please give us the 1st line of the output of   $ emacs --version.

Was it downloaded using setup.exe?

What OS and version are you using?

Thanks.

On 10/26/06, Eric Twietmeyer <ept@terrex.com> wrote:
> Subject: Re: emacs hangs at start, or sometime later
> Eric Twietmeyer <ept <at> terrex.com> writes:
>
> I always set the repear rate to the max. So, I do both. I
> haven't had this issue on my laptop that runs XP, though.
>
> -Peter

Unfortunately, setting the blink-cursor-mode to not blinking does not solve
this problem for me.  Now emacs will not hang if it is just sitting there
idle, as it was doing, but it will hang while typing into one of its
buffers.  The hang is the same as before, seems to be stuck in some spin
lock somehow.  So this work around only partly "works".

-Eric Twietmeyer