This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Problem with /usr/sbin/sendmail ==> /usr/bin/exim
- From: René Berber <r dot berber at computer dot org>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2006 21:32:08 -0600
- Subject: Re: Problem with /usr/sbin/sendmail ==> /usr/bin/exim
- Openpgp: url=hkp://random.sks.keyserver.penguin.de
- References: <email@example.com>
Pierre A. Humblet wrote:
> Some programs, most notably cron, expect /usr/sbin/sendmail
> to point to mailer program such as exim or ssmtp.
> Due to a buggy "ln -s" (now fixed in coreutils-6.6-2, thanks to Eric Blake),
> a link /usr/sbin/sendmail.exe was sometimes created to point to
> /usr/bin/exim.exe, which does not exist.
> If this is the case on your installation, remove /usr/sbin/sendmail.exe
> and create the proper symbolic link:
> ln -s /usr/bin/exim /usr/sbin/sendmail
It doesn't quite work, the link created is still "sendmail.exe ->
But this works: `ln -s /usr/bin/exim. /usr/sbin/sendmail`
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html