Re: gpgme

On Tue, Dec 05, 2006 at 02:18:37PM +0900, Wynfield Henman wrote:
>On 12/4/06, Brian Dessent <brian@dessent.net> wrote:
>>Did you really need to start a new thread for this?
>
>Two issues where mentioned, which you apparently missed.
>
>>Wynfield Henman wrote:
>>
>>> I saw the reference to "gpgme" with some misleading (to me) version
>>> number, such as 1.1.2, tacked on and said it was in ...somewhere like
>>> ../cygwin/ports. ......
>>
>>Cygwin Ports is a separate project.  Type it into Google and follow the
>>first hit.  It's off-topic for this list because it has its own mailing
>>list.
>Are you saying that "cygwin ports" are not ports of software to run on
>cygin?
>

>>> guess cygwin rules/convention requires a different numbering system???
>>Um, no.  Have you even looked at the gpgme ftp site?
>Yes and it is as I stated. Now answer why the cygwin ports located
>gpgme is label as version 1.2.0 when no such official version exists?
>
>>ftp://ftp.gnupg.org/gcrypt/gpgme/
>Yes you can verify that the latest release is 1.0.3  NOT  1.2.xx
>
>>You need to add the URL to setup.exe if you want to use it.  Again, it's
>>not part of the official Cygwin project.
>You're unclear here.  Do you mean that setup.exe is not inherently
>related to cygwin?
>Or that adding a URL to setup.exe is not.  Though it seems it should
>be, if software is otherwise not available, (yet listed as a cygwin
>port).

He's basically saying that you have to follow the instructions on the
cygwinports web site.

cygwinports is a separate project and is only loosely affiliated with
the stuff at http://cygwin.com/ .  If you have questions about it, there are
links to mailing lists on the cygwinports web site, which, apparently is:

http://cygwinports.dotsrc.org/

cgf