This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Help for debug and pause
- From: "Larry Hall (Cygwin)" <reply-to-list-only-lh at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 05 Dec 2006 08:28:16 -0500
- Subject: Re: Help for debug and pause
- References: <email@example.com>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
I am bit new to cygwin.
I want to know about two things very clearly pls help me.
1. how to debug a program written in C++? Pls give me little detail
Use 'gdb' like so 'gdb <executable name>'. <executable name> must have been
compiled with the '-g' switch.
2.How to pause a program while it is runing and then how to restart again?
CTRL-C to stop. 'c' to continue.
None of the is Cygwin specific and is therefore off-topic for this list. You
should look at the 'gdb' documentation for more info. You can find this
documentation locally if you installed 'gdb' by doing 'man gdb' or 'info gdb'.
You can find the documentation on the net at the GDB home page:
Larry Hall http://www.rfk.com
RFK Partners, Inc. (508) 893-9779 - RFK Office
216 Dalton Rd. (508) 893-9889 - FAX
Holliston, MA 01746
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html