No octave prompt (no error messages)

Hi,

at home and at work I have the same problem with octave under cygwin. In both cases I octave just quits without giving any output, no prompt, no error messages. One computer runs on win2000 Sp4 on which I'm no administrator and the other runs on winXp Sp2 on which I have all rights.

Both cygwin environment are downloaded this month.

I have no idea what the problem is, can anyone help me find out??

Albert