This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
- From: "Wynfield Henman" <wynfield at gmail dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2006 17:10:01 +0900
- Subject: libraries
I have managed to confuse myself regarding libraries under cygwin,
after reading extensively on building dlls under cygwin.....
Please check if my understanding is correct.
(1) For simple static libraries ld's output is fine.
Because only cygwin code will access it.
(2) Does this follow with *nix shared library format? (if only used by
cygwin programs which
emulate *nix (does it also know about shared library objects)?
(3) The ms-dll shared library format is only necessary if we want
ms-programs to be able to
use the program.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html