rsyncd prevents computer to enter Standby mode on XP

Hello,

I am running Cygwin on a machine running Windows XP Pro. I have noticed that if rsync service is running, the laptop does not go into standby mode. If I set the timeout for the machine to enter standby mode to 1 min, then all is fine. But anything larger than this does not work. Seems like rsync is doing something (more than a minute apart), which makes the machine believe that it is busy. sshd, however, runs without this problem.

How do I make rsync work so that it does not prevent the machine to go into standby mode?

Thanks,
->HS